Wednesday, November 28, 2007

2 feet this weekend. My left shoulder tells me so.

The Steamboat Area weather advisory has jolted awake my frozen heart .

Melancholy due to the fact that I was unable to take run down Vagabond this past Thanksgiving, I barely noticed the powder snow heaping on top of my car this morning. That is, until I noticed my socks were caked with snow on the way to work, at around the same time I realized that I hadn't put the Shredmeistermobil into 4-wheel drive.


My car swung into a 270 degree spin, landing me directly facing the Steamboat Ski Resort's See Me ski run. The thick, white covering of freshly fallen powder snow snapped everything into focus, and I could only think "2 days to Steamboat Opening Day!"

And now for the
Winter Storm Warning: Up to two feet of snow over the weekend. "Me bones arrr! telling me the weather people aren't kidding!"

Turns out the
Steamboat Ski Resort is opening right on time (November 30th) -- with mucho mucho fresh snow.

Shouldn't you be where the snow is?

No comments: