Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy Margarita Day! An insiders guide to Margs in Steamboat Springs, CO

Happy National Margarita Day to all of my fellow marg lovers! Because I want everyone to enjoy this marvelous day I have asked around the ResortQuest Steamboat offices to see where people get there margs in Steamboat Springs, CO.

Dave, Maria and myself all prefer the Cantina downtown.

“I don’t often drink Margartias. The last one I had was at Cantina. I had their raspberry margarita and loved it. It is a nice alternative to the regular sweet and sour sugary margaritas," said Maria, our Reservations Manager.  "It has frozen raspberries blended to the mix and gives nice, fresh kick to the drink.”

Cantina has started doing a great Mexican Mojito which is a Mojito with with tequila instead of rum. Like Maria’s Raspberry Margarita, it is a great, less-sweet and tangy version of a margarita. I can’t decide whether I prefer margarita’s or mojitos, so this is a perfect match made in heaven for when I am being indecisive.

Katy and Will like to stick with the authentic margs at Fiesta Jalisco that are fresh lime juice, tequila and cointreau.

"It's simple. Not too sweet, and it comes it a large martini shaker," said Katy.

Where ever you end up on this nation holiday just remember to have fun. Maybe you will see some of the ResortQuest Steamboat staff out enjoying some margs!

Post written by Madison Proper, ResortQuest Steamboat's Wholesale Reservations Coordinator. 

No comments: