Saturday, December 1, 2007

My First Day of Skiing

SNOW: 3"(24 hrs); 5" (48 hrs); Base: 16"; Total: 43"
CONDITIONS: Powder/packed powder
LIFTS: 3/18
TRAILS: 9/165




Today was a day of firsts. My first offical day of the season. My first day to wake up and call Steamboat Ski Report (970/879-7300). And my first day on the new 6-person Christie Peak Chairlift.

In true Steamboat fashion, I skied straight onto the lift without waiting. Even with the Gondola being closed for maintenance, Steamboat continues to uphold its reputation of "no lift lines."

3 inches of new snow meant that the few runs that were open were in great shape. Perfectly groomed for smooth turns. I took a few laps on the Thunderhead lift, stopped to watch the action at the terrain park, and then decided that was enough of a warm-up for the season. Yes, I am spoiled living here.

As I skied to the base, the clouds rolled in with thick, heavy snow. Temperatures are slated to drop and a Snow Advisory is calling for continued snow through the day and evening.



...What did you think of Steamboat's Opening Weekend? Please feel free to post your comments.

No comments: